Advanced Level Online Workshop: International Payments
Gain knowledge of advanced procedures within international payments and foreign exchange
26-29 Apr 2021
Online, United Kingdom
- Why You Should Attend
Advanced Level Online Workshop: International Payments
To ensure we meet your expectations and maximise your return on training investment, we favour a classroom/workshop style set
This advanced level course has been designed for bank staff in the areas of international payments operations to provide them with a comprehensive understanding as to how the international payments (and by implication the foreign exchange) processes work, as well as the risks inherent in such procedures and how these can best be mitigated. It will be delivered live across 4 half-day modules and will give attendees advanced knowledge of procedures in an international payments and foreign exchange environment. It is comprised of presentations, case studies, multidirectional discussions and comprehensive exercises.
There are a number of factors which are critical to the smooth functioning of International Payments within this context including:
- The adoption of good practices within the market,
- Promoting improvements in risk management in the FX and International Payments market through the use of sound recommendations and guidelines, and
- The development of supporting actions that facilitate greater contractual certainties for all parties active in international payments and foreign exchange.
This course seeks to provide a solid foundation to all parties involved in international payments and foreign exchange activities whether at executive, marketing or operational levels into how the actual trading processes work, what the risks are and how these can be mitigated by using clearly defined Standards of Best Practice. Developments like these make it vital that operations, operational technology, and settlement risk management keep pace with the changing foreign exchange market.
About your expert trainer:
Richard Barr holds a B.S. in International Business Administration from San Jose State University in California. His professional experience spans over 20 years, 5 of which were spent with Wells Fargo Bank. Another 5 were spent honing his global banking skills, when Richard was intimately involved with International Trade Finance, Real Time Gross Settlement and Cross Border Banking. The past 9 years have been in the private and high-tech sectors providing high-level consulting services, business analysis, project management and training to a wide range of banking clientele across the globe.
He has spent extensive time servicing a diversity of “financial institutional” clients, in South Africa, Poland, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands, Greece, Bermuda, Malawi, the United Kingdom and across North America. Clients that Richard and Citadel Advantage have dealt with include such notable firms as AIB Bank, Eurobank, ABSA Bank, CitiBank, Swedbank, INDEbank, IBM, Montran and Fundtech, as well as many others. Richard has also filled the role of advisor to central banks on payment systems and technical payments issues. Furthermore, key staff from the Bank of England, the South African Reserve Bank, the Central Bank of Ireland and Bank of Portugal have attended training sessions presented by Richard.
A detailed questionnaire will be sent to all course participants to establish exactly where the group training needs lie. The completed forms will be analysed by the course leader/trainer and followed by telephone if further clarification is required. As a result we can guarantee that the course is pitched at exactly the right level and that the issues that you regard as relevant are addressed. The course material will reflect these issues and will enable you to digest the subject matter after the event in your own time.
Who should attend?
From: Commercial and Investment Banks, Brokerage Companies, Multinational Corporations, Commodity Trading Advisors, Insurance Companies, Government Agencies, Central Banks, Pension and Hedge Funds, Investment Companies, Brokers/Dealers, and other participants in the Interdealer Market.
The course is intended for staff who are beyond the basic levels involved in any aspect of international payments/foreign exchange
- Back Office
- Commercial Bankers dealing with the Foreign Exchange Market
- International Division Bankers
- Trade Finance Supervisors and Managers
- Operational Risk Managers
- Settlements Risk
- Corporate Treasury Staff
- Key Topics
- Clearly understand each of the seven stages of international payments/foreign exchange trade and settlement.
- Gain knowledge of the varied processes involved in each of the seven stages.
- Have a clear understanding of operational risk in the context of international payments/foreign exchange operations.
- Gain insight into the principles behind and the operation of shared settlement services such as CLS (Continuous Linked Settlement) and the role that these play in the mitigation of risk.
- Understand current developments in international payments/foreign exchange activities and practices and obtain a clear insight into future trends and directions.
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Voice of Our Customers
- “Well presented by an extremely knowledgeable and experienced trainer. All the important aspects of the IRB and capital assignment process were well covered” Nordea
- “Very intensive and interesting course. Great trainer with as complete a knowhow as is possible for this big topic. Great insights and good solutions to use in mastering the coming situation” HVB Unicredit
- “The course came exactly as described to get into the importance and how FTP works. David did a great job of getting into the details and relating them back to the points he was making” Alliant Credit Union
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
101 Finsbury Pavement, London, EC2A 1RS
Telephone: 0044 203 002 3172