IBOR Transition and Risk-Free Rates
Ensure that your institution is prepared for the move away from Libor
29-30 Sep 2020
Downtown Conference Center, New York, NY, United States of America
- Why You Should Attend
IBOR Transition and Risk-Free Rates
To ensure we meet your expectations and maximise your return on training investment, we favour a classroom/workshop style set
How will you benefit?
LIBOR, the most widely used interest rate benchmark in the world, is expected to phase out by the end of 2021. More than $350 trillion in notional of cash and derivative securities currently track LIBOR globally, approximately $200 trillion of which is linked to USD LIBOR. The CME and ICE have begun to trade 1-month and 3-month futures contracts linked to SOFR, while both LCH and CME have provided clearing for SOFR derivatives. SOFR OIS swaps and basis swaps versus LIBOR and Fed funds have also started to transact in the customer and inter-dealer markets. The market for FRNS indexed to SOFR has also expanded to approximately $280B as of September 2019.
The capital markets industry started to prepare for an alternative rate to LIBOR more than three years ago, and whilst a lot of progress has been made the buy-side must ready itself for several critical milestones ahead. Since the Federal Reserve began publishing SOFR rates in March of 2018, an infrastructure to support this evolving market has begun to take shape, but the next two years involve several critical milestones and it’s time for buy-side firms to prepare for the transition. In his remarks at the 2019 U.S. Treasury Market Conference, John Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer of the FRBNY, delivered a wakeup call when he said, “The clock is ticking, LIBOR’s days are numbered, and we all need to play our part in preparing the industry for January 1, 2022.”
About our trainers:
At marcus evans we use only the world’s leading trainers who have been formally assessed and recommended by industry leaders. This ensures that they are the most appropriate trainer for each individual course in terms of expertise, training style, commercial industry experience and proven results. They all come equipped with many years of experience working at leading financial institutions. This ensures a unique teaching experience for the attendees through practical, interactive and applicable training.
This course will be a led by a global expert on the field of OTC Derivatives:
Summary of Trainer Experience
• OTC Derivatives Subject matter Expert
• Specializes in Risk Management, OTC Derivatives, Collateral, Trade Lifecycle, Valuation and Financial Systems
• Former senior executive at LCH Clearnet and spent 9 years on the buy-side at Citi
• Won the Waters magazine award for ‘Best Risk Analytics Initiative 2012’ and ‘Best Risk Analytics initiative(Sell Side) 2013’
• Is now a successful and highly respected trainer and has been working with marcus evans for the past 5 years, delivering numerous courses in the US and Latin America for both buy-side and sell-side firms.
Please enquire for a full trainer profile
A detailed questionnaire will be sent to all course participants to establish exactly where the group training needs lie. The completed forms will be analysed by the course leader/trainer and followed by telephone if further clarification is required. As a result we can guarantee that the course is pitched at exactly the right level and that the issues that you regard as relevant are addressed. The course material will reflect these issues and will enable you to digest the subject matter after the event in your own time.
Who should attend?
From Banks, Asset Managers, Broker/Dealers, Insurance Companies and all other financial institutions:
· Interest Rate Derivative Sales
· Interest Rate Derivatives Traders
· Market Risk Managers
· Fixed Income Fund Managers
· Corporate Treasurers
· Compliance Officers
· Financial Officers
· Regulators who supervise or examine banks or financial institutions
· CFOs (Chief Financial Officers)
· COO (Chief Operating Officers)
· CRO (Chief Risk Officers)
· CPAs (Certified Public Accountants)
- Key Topics
- Learn about the differing approaches of regulators
- Gain an insight into the key shifts in market infrastructure
- Evaluate specific product considerations
- Investigate SOFR and emerging competitors
- Appreciate concerns about the impact of tough legacy transactions on financial stability
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Voice of Our Customers
- “This is a great course! I truly enjoyed it and it helped me to increase my understanding” National Bank of Canada
- “Very useful to ALM and ALCO members, invaluable in fact!” Israel Discount Bank
- “Great, easy to understand, lots of relevant stories and examples from real life. This course has given me a more detailed understanding of IRR & FTP. This will help me to take the lead on the topic within my bank” Synovus
- “Great course, should be done in-house for all the people involved” APAP
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
101 Finsbury Pavement, London, EC2A 1RS
Telephone: 0044 203 002 3172