Shaking the Fundamentals of Bank Treasury
An exploration of the seismic environmental changes affecting bank treasuries and the tools and techniques available to address them
21-22 Nov 2019
London, United Kingdom
- Why You Should Attend
Shaking the Fundamentals of Bank Treasury
To ensure we meet your expectations and maximise your return on training investment, we favour a classroom/workshop style set up for the delivery of our courses. Please note we therefore have a limited number of spaces available and these will be assigned on a first come, first accepted basis. We recommend early booking to avoid disappointment.
How will you benefit?
· Gain a strategic and holistic view of the wider environment: You may not agree with it but it will give you a framework for formulating your own stance
· Understand a fresh and uncompromising viewpoint of treasury regulations, challenges, and strategy which questions commonplace assumptions
· Develop an integrated vision of regulation and accounting which helps you to see what can disappear in the cracks between the two
· Challenge easy concepts, such as the lack of distinction between legal tradability and genuine liquidity: That helps you avoid accepting matters at face value, only to discover the difference when markets come under stress
About your expert trainer:
Bob Lyddon, Owner, Lyddon Consulting
Bob is a former international banker with Lloyds Bank International and Manufacturers Hanover/Chemical, who led several bank implementation projects for the euro with PwC before establishing his own consultancy. Bob ran the IBOS international banking network for 13 years in parallel to advising banks on subjects such as Single Euro Payments Area, payment-related regulations, and corporate treasury products. Bob’s consultancy combines detailed knowledge of regulation, bank organisation, bank front-, middle- and back-office process and systems, and internal bank methodologies for assessing risk, capital, solvency and liquidity, as well as accounting for problem loans.
Bob has advised several banks on their strategies for new products, typically on multi-country services for electronic banking, managing accounts spread across jurisdictions, pooling, zero-balancing, netting and their accounting and capital adequacy treatment. Bob has delivered numerous courses on subject as diverse as Basel III liquidity, Payment Services Directive, cross-border payments, approaches to electronic banking, and international cash management. He is a regular contributor to banking industry publications, recently on differences in AML/CFT regimes, problems in the Eurozone financial system, and the documentation of the TARGET2 multilateral netting system.
A detailed questionnaire will be sent to all course participants to establish exactly where the group training needs lie. The completed forms will be analysed by the course leader/trainer and followed by telephone if further clarification is required. As a result we can guarantee that the course is pitched at exactly the right level and that the issues that you regard as relevant are addressed. The course material will reflect these issues and will enable you to digest the subject matter after the event in your own time.
Who should attend?
From banks, those engaged in:
· Liquidity Management
· Liquidity Risk
· Liquidity/Treasury Modelling
· Asset Liability Management
· Balance Sheet Management
· Liquidity Modelling
· Risk Management
· Scenario Planning
- Previous Attendees Include
AIB, ING, JPMorgan, Central Bank of Ireland, PNC, De Volksbank, Nomura, Morgan Stanley, Standard Chartered, Mediobanca, Mizuho, RBS, Sberbank, Nordea, Credit Agricole, Caixa Bank, Santander, Danske Bank, Societe Generale
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Voice of Our Customers
- “Benefitted from invaluable lessons learned” BNP Paribas
- “Very informative and intellectually engaging” Investec
- “The practical approach solidified my understanding of the topic, well structured course” ING
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
101 Finsbury Pavement, London, EC2A 1RS
Telephone: 0044 203 002 3172