International Trade Finance
An intensive 2-day primer for banking professionals on all aspects of Trade Finance
5-6 Dec 2019
Holborn Bars, London, United Kingdom
- Why You Should Attend
International Trade Finance
To ensure we meet your expectations and maximise your return on training investment, we favour a classroom/workshop style set
How will you benefit?
This is an intensive 2-day primer for banking & financial professionals on International Trade Finance and has been tailored for professionals in banking, commerce and trade & industry. The course provides a comprehensive foundation for understanding all aspects of International Trade Finance in a global context, covering the key principles, concepts, infrastructures, practices, issues, and current developments.
The course includes critical subject material on how trade finance is provided, trade finance instruments such as Open Account, Payment/Cash in Advance, Documentary Collections, Documentary Credits and Guarantees & Standby Letters of Credit. It will also consider pre- and post shipment finance and the critical role played by International Payments, in particular CHIPS, Correspondent Banking and the role of CLS in settling international trade payments. Finally the course will review Supply Chain Finance and look at a number of Operating Examples for various Trade Finance Instruments
This course will be of particular interest to banking & commercial professionals who wish to expand their knowledge base and enhance their expertise in the international trade finance arena.
About your expert trainer:
Richard Barr holds a B.S. in International Business Administration from San Jose State University in California. His professional experience spans over 20 years, 5 of which were spent with Wells Fargo Bank. Another 5 were spent honing his global banking skills, when Richard was intimately involved with International Trade Finance, Real Time Gross Settlement and Cross Border Banking. The past 9 years have been in the private and high-tech sectors providing high-level consulting services, business analysis, project management and training to a wide range of banking clientele across the globe.
He has spent extensive time servicing a diversity of “financial institutional” clients, in South Africa, Poland, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands, Greece, Bermuda, Malawi, United Kingdom and across North America. Clients that Richard and Citadel Advantage have dealt with include such notable firms as AIB Bank, Eurobank, ABSA Bank, CitiBank, Swedbank, INDEbank, IBM, Montran and Fundtech, as well as many others.
Richard has also filled the role of advisor to central banks on payment systems and technical payments issues. Furthermore, key staff from the Bank of England, South African Reserve Bank, Central Bank of Ireland and Bank of Portugal have attended training sessions presented by Richard.
A detailed questionnaire will be sent to all course participants to establish exactly where the group training needs lie. The completed forms will be analysed by the course leader/trainer and followed by telephone if further clarification is required. As a result we can guarantee that the course is pitched at exactly the right level and that the issues that you regard as relevant are addressed. The course material will reflect these issues and will enable you to digest the subject matter after the event in your own time.
Who should attend?
From: Commercial Banks, Multinational Corporates, Trading Companies, Central Banks and Regulators
- Commercial bankers from front/middle/back offices
- Commercial bankers dealing with the Forex market
- International division bankers
- Trade finance supervisors and managers
- Trading company managers, senior and operations staff
- Risk managers and risk management officers
- Trading company, multinational corporate & treasury staff
- Internal & External Auditors
- Key Topics
- Evaluate how trade finance is provided and the instruments used
- Appreciate the complex relationships between buyers/importers, sellers/exporters and the financial services industry
- Be aware of how the international monetary system operates
- Develop core competencies and learn the industry best practices
- Value what Supply Chain Finance is and how it works
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Voice of Our Customers
- “Benefitted from invaluable lessons learned” BNP Paribas
- “The use of online mini-games and simulations was very engaging. I have enjoyed the interaction with the rest of the learners in the sessions” European Central Bank
- “The practical approach solidified my understanding of the topic, well structured course” ING Bank
- “Clear instructions and passionate delivery. Very open to answering questions and made everyone fell at ease” RBS
- “A great event for practitioners” Citigroup
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
101 Finsbury Pavement, London, EC2A 1RS
Telephone: 0044 203 002 3172