Conduct Risk Management
Concept, Application & Implementation Challenges
4-5 Sep 2019
- Why You Should Attend
Conduct Risk Management
To ensure we meet your expectations and maximise your return on training investment, we favour a classroom/workshop style set
How will you benefit?
Conduct risk has become a top priority for boards of financial institutions globally. Butwhat is conduct risk? Essentially, it refers to how firms and their staff conduct themselves- including howcustomers are treated, how staff are remunerated and how conflicts of interest are addressed. Losses associated with or attributable to conduct risk around the world have far exceeded credit risk and market risk losses over the past few years.
With an increased focus on managing business conduct by regulators in many jurisdictions, financial firms are closely scrutinizing what conduct risk means in practice to them. As a result, firms need to understand how business conduct impacts on their business, their employees, their customers and the market in which they operate.
You will look at the key terminology and develop skills that will help you recognize good and poor conduct. You will explore key regulatory developments that affect your firm and your stakeholders and will gain an understanding of how to react. You will also gain a valuable insight into how a regulatory conduct framework works in practice.
About your expert trainer:
MOHAMMED SALMAN KHAN is the Managing Director of his Risk Consultancy Firm, Know Your Risk (KYR) consulting based in Melbourne. He is recognized internationally as a seasoned Banker and Risk Management Thought Leader with over 2 decades of diversified international experience spanning Government and banking institutions in Australia and the Middle East. He has worked in senior risk management roles with some of the largest banking institutions of Australia including the Commonwealth Bank and Westpac Bank and more recently has worked with Banque Saudi Fransi and Riyad Bank in the Middle East region.
Mohammed is a Certified Global Operational Risk and ISO31000 Professional. He has managed the implementation of bank wide Operational Risk reporting metrics including managing the implementation of key risk management projects (i.e., Basel II, KRIs, RCSA, Stress Testing, Conduct Risk etc) jointly with leading advisory firms including EY, PwC, Deloitte & KPMG. He has extensive international regulatory experience and expertise in ERM, Information Technology Risk, Business Continuity Management (BCM), Compliance, Audit and assessing conduct risk within financial institutions.
Mohammed also has demonstrated experience in the development of Risk Management Framework, Policies and Procedures as part of effective Risk Governance requirements. He has in-depth and demonstrated ability in managing Operational Risk in large complex banking institutions with extensive Board level risk reporting experience. Mohammed is a regular publisher of several risk management research papers and articles and is involved in delivering training and guidance to several clients globally. He is regarded as an exceptional communicator with a natural flair to deliver outstanding results consistently.
A detailed questionnaire will be sent to all course participants to establish exactly where the group training needs lie. The completed forms will be analysed by the course leader/trainer and followed by telephone if further clarification is required. As a result we can guarantee that the course is pitched at exactly the right level and that the issues that you regard as relevant are addressed. The course material will reflect these issues and will enable you to digest the subject matter after the event in your own time.
Who should attend?
This course will be suitable for personnel in the financial markets with a basic understanding on Risk Management. It is particularly designed for:
· Risk, Audit & Compliance Professionals
· Head of Operational Risk
· Managers of Enterprise Risk Management
· Senior Risk Managers
· Quality Assurance Executives
· Financial Controllers
· Procurement & Sourcing Managers
· Finance Personnel
· Internal Auditors & Accountant
· Strategic Planners
· Operations & Logistics Executives
- Key Topics
- Gain an understanding of the Concept of Conduct Risk, its Drivers and its relationship to protecting organizations.
- Understanding the Conduct Risk Framework and how it is applied in the context of Risk Management.
- Gain a practical understanding of examples of Conduct Risk failures through case studies including the role of regulation in Conduct Risk.
- Understand the relationship between Conduct Risk and Risk Culture and the role of Risk Culture in Conduct Risk.
- Understand the strategies for implementation of an Effective Conduct Risk Framework and Process.
- Previous Attendees Include
• Maybank • ING • JPMorgan • NAB • ANZ • Westpac • Nomura • Morgan Stanley • Standard Chartered• Mizuho • RBS • Sberbank • Nordea • Credit Agricole • Vietcom Bank • Santander • ICICI • Societe Generale • HDFC Bank India
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Voice of Our Customers
- “Very good, lots of content and applicable and interesting real-life stories/examples". Morgan Stanley
- “Excellent. Not what I expected but better; it put the model into a comprehensive perspective.” Barclays
- “The course is amazing; it is interactive, it is educational, and I enjoyed it so much!” TD Bank
- “Lots of takeaway, lots of food for present and future thought” BNP Paribas
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
Suite A-20-1, Level 20, Hampshire Place Office
157 Hampshire, 1 Jalan Mayang Sari
Telephone: +603 – 2603 2584