Understanding IFRS 17
A comprehensive understanding of the prescribed requirements in the standard supplemented by practical case studies and gaining a perspective on the implementation aspects
28-29 Mar 2019
- Why You Should Attend
Understanding IFRS 17
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) issued IFRS 17: Insurance contracts in May 2017, effective for annual periods beginning on or after January 1, 2021. The new standard, which replaces the existing IFRS 4, has been in development for over 20 years and brings about significant changes in the accounting for insurance contracts.
IFRS 17 is a complex standard which will have significant effect on the accounting procedures and policies for insurers world over. Large scale changes would also be affected on the financials preparation & disclosures, operational framework, stakeholder involvement and system arrangements on account of transition towards the IFRS 17 regime.
The workshop on IFRS 17 takes you through a structured approach to learning the technical guidance in the standard. Understand the concepts learnt through examples and develop a practical insight on the key challenges you would face during the implementation journey, the possible mitigates and factors to consider while building the roadmap for implementation.
- Key Topics
- Understand the theoretical concepts covered in the standard
- Get insights on the new concepts introduced in insurance accounting through practical examples
- Get an understanding on the suitable transition approach from organization perspective and the revised disclosure requirements
- Get an understanding of status of implementation of global peers and challenges they faced in their implementation journey
- Be in a better position to understand the wide-ranging implications of the standard and develop the project plan for the implementation
- Previous Attendees Include
• Maybank • ING • JPMorgan • NAB • ANZ • Westpac • Nomura • Morgan Stanley • Standard Chartered• Mizuho • RBS • Sberbank • Nordea • Credit Agricole • Vietcom Bank • Santander • ICICI • Societe Generale • HDFC Bank India
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Voice of Our Customers
- “Very good event bringing a very impressive group of experts.” Scotiabank
- “A great event for practitioners.” Citigroup
- “Comprehensive and well structured programe with an open and engaging style of presentation.” Investec
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
Suite A-20-1, Level 20, Hampshire Place Office
157 Hampshire, 1 Jalan Mayang Sari
Telephone: +603 – 2603 2584