13th Edition Model Risk
Strengthening model risk practices by utilizing next generation strategies to create a stronger model governance framework whilst ensuring maximum regulatory compliance
28-30 Jan 2019
San Francisco, CA, United States of America
- Why You Should Attend
13th Edition Model Risk
This GFMI conference will facilitate financial firms with generating high quality models whilst offering a regulatory update on expectations. Best practices for validating artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning models will be investigated, and methods to capitalize on these next generation technologies for model development will be explored. You will learn how to implement effective validation techniques for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and fraud models alongside exploring the symbiotic relationship between banks and fintechs within the model risk landscape. The lack of clarity surrounding methods for effective internal stress tests for smaller banks below $50 billion will be discussed along with the continued implementation of a strong governance programme to assess and report model risk.
- Key Topics
- Bank of America and Wells Fargo evaluate the impact of AI and machine learning on model validation
- American Express explore the impact of machine learning on the credit card model
- MUFG Union Bank examine the staffing question for MRM teams
- Pacific Western Bank and Comenity Bank investigate a strong governance framework to assess and report model risk
- Silicon Valley Bank study the impact of machine learning on the development of AML and fraud models
- Previous Attendees Include
American Express, Bank Of California, Bank Of America, Bank of Montreal Financial Group, Bank of the West, BMO Financial Group, BNP Paribas, Butterfield Bank, Capital One, Charles Schwab, CIBC, CIT Group Inc., City National Bank, CLS Bank International, CME Group, Crisil Irevna US LLC, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Deutsche Bank, Discover Financial Service, East West Bank, Equifax, E-Trade Financial Corporation, Fannie Mae, Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, Flagstar Bank, Freddie Mac, Funding Circle, Goldman Sachs, Home Street Bank, Incisive Software Corp, Key Bank, Morgan Stanley, Mountain View Financial Solutions, MUFG Union Bank N.A., New York Life Insurance Company, Oliver Wyman, Options Clearing Corp, Pacific Western Bank, PNC Bank Corporation, Prosper Marketplace, Rbc Royal Bank Of Canada, Risk Finance Consulting, Royal Bank Of Canada, Santander, Scotiabank, Societe General Corporate Investment Banking (SG CIB), Spero Risk Associates, State Street, Synchrony Financial, TD Bank Group, U.S. Bank, UBS, UMPQUA Bank, Umpqua Bank, US Bancorp, US Bank, Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo Securities, Whitney Bank, Zions Bancorp
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Practical Insights From
- Click Here For Full Agenda
- Voice of Our Customers
- “I have enjoyed all marcus evans conferences but this was the best use of my time compared with all the other conferences I've attended. Every session gave me something to take home.” - BOK Financial
- “Great conference with good regulatory presence and high quality presenters.” – Credit Suisse
- “The discussions were very stimulant and informative.” – People’s Union Bank
- “Exceptional conference content.” – LegacyTexas Bank
- “It was a very well organized event.” - BlackRock
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
Yiota Andreou GFMI
Telephone: +357 22 849 404