The New EU Securitisation Regulation
An in-depth overview of the fundamental changes to the regulation of securitisations in the EU
6-7 Dec 2018
- Why You Should Attend
The New EU Securitisation Regulation
About the course:
This two day training will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the new EU Securitisation Regulation. The course will cover the requirements for ‘simple, transparent and standardised’ (STS) securitisations, as well as the new risk retention regime. You will also learn about the disclosure obligations and the obligation to report information to a securitisation repository. In addition, the course will provide you with an overview of the various other elements of the new EU Securitisation Regulation, such as the new due diligence requirements for institutional investors, the criteria for credit-granting and the ban on re-securitisations. You will also gain an understanding of the capital charges for STS and non-STS securitisations. The two day training will have an interactive setting and will examine the application of the criteria for STS securitisations to different types of securitisations, such as RMBS, CMBS, static and managed CLOs, synthetic securitisations (CLNs), securitisations of lease receivables, credit card receivables, consumer loans and SME loans.
Objective is for participants to gain an appreciation and understanding of the following topics:
- You will gain an understanding of the requirements to be met for securitisations to qualify as ‘simple, transparent and standardised’ (STS) securitisations.
- You will learn about the challenges for certain types of securitisations to meet the STS criteria, as well as how to apply the STS criteria to different types of securitisations.
- The favourable capital charge for STS securitisations will not only apply to new securitisations. Learn how existing securitisations can also apply for the STS label.
- Learn about how the current regulatory regime compares to the new rules for securitisation transactions, such as with respect to risk retention, due diligence and transparency.
- Understand the bigger picture. This course will put the rules that apply to the parties involved in securitisations in context.
About your expert trainer:
Hans Hintzen is an experienced Senior Legal Consultant and ad interim Legal Counsel for banks, asset managers, insurance companies and pension funds. Hans provides legal services and legal advice to financial institutions that require expertise in specialised areas of financial law. Hans has held various positions in the financial industry, including as Senior Legal Counsel at ING Bank, Rabobank and ABN AMRO Bank. His areas of expertise include financial markets regulation, derivatives and derivatives documentation, securitisations, structured finance, debt capital markets and institutional investment management. Hans regularly writes about financial markets regulation, in particular in relation to derivatives and securitisation.
A detailed questionnaire will be sent to all course participants to establish exactly where the group training needs lie. The completed forms will beanalysedby the course leader/trainer and followed by telephone if further clarification is required. As a result we can guarantee that the course is pitched at exactly the right level and that the issues that you regard as relevant are addressed. The course material will reflect these issues and will enable you to digest the subject matter after the event in your own time.
Who should attend?
This course will be helpful to anyone working within an area dealing with securitisations at banks, asset managers, trust companies, fund managers, pension funds, insurance companies, consultancy firms and law firms. The course should prove especially helpful for those working within the legal, compliance or risk management department, as well as those involved in structuring, front office or portfolio management.
- Key Topics
- You will gain an understanding of the requirements to be met for securitisations to qualify as ‘simple,
- You will learn about the challenges for certain types of securitisations to meet the STS criteria, as well as how to
- The favourable capital charge for STS securitisations will not only apply to new securitisations. Learn how existing
- Learn about how the current regulatory regime compares to the new rules for securitisation transactions,
- Understand the bigger picture. This course will put the rules that apply to the parties involved
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Voice of Our Customers
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
101 Finsbury Pavement, London, EC2A 1RS
Telephone: 0044 203 002 3172