Investor Protection under MiFID II
Practical steps required for MiFID II investor protection rules focusing on product governance guidelines, independent advice and disclosure of inducements to achieve client transparency
22-23 May 2017
London, United Kingdom
- Why You Should Attend
Investor Protection under MiFID II
The MiFID II regulation can only be described as a mammoth task for investment firms. It is so big that regulators have acknowledged investment firms will struggle to meet this overly ambitious task and in turn have pushed the deadline back countless times. The rules are highly preive and detailed leaving investment firms no choice, but to roll up their sleeves, come to terms with the rules and finally implement. This marcus evans conference will equip investment firms with a step-by-step guide of the investor protection rules, outlining some of the specific challenges investment firms are facing with some of the more challenging aspects and how these challenges can be overcome. The conference will address how to comply with product governance guidelines, independent advice and disclosure of inducements to achieve client transparency by the time of the 3rd January 2018 deadline.
- Key Topics
- Implement product distribution arrangements and control frameworks for product governance guidelines
- Create enhanced transparency towards clients through disclosure of inducements and independent advice
- Contextualise the investor protection guidelines by aligning the regulation with PRIIPS and UCITS
- Overcome the operational complexity and administration burden of the investor protection rules
- Previous Attendees Include
Adaptive Financial Consulting
Autoriteit Financiele Markten
Baillie Gifford & Co.
Bank of Ireland Global Markets
Barclays Investment Bank
Ceskoslovenska Obchodni Banka a.s.
Danske Bank A/S
FF Supervisory Authority
Lloyds Banking Group
Meredith Gibson Advisory Ltd
Nordea Bank Finland/ Nordea Markets
OP Corporate Bank Plc
Raiffeisen Bank International AG
Saxo Capital Markets
Software Daten Service GmbH
Standard Chartered Bank
Synechron Business Consulting
UBS Wealth Management
- Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Practical Insights From
- Click Here For Full Agenda
- Voice of Our Customers
- "A great conference on an important and difficult topic." Bank of Montreal
- “Comprehensive and well structured programme with an open and engaging style of presentation.” Investec
- “Good event with very interesting speakers, also a very good networking opportunity.” Bank of Ireland
- Latest Conference News & Resources
- Understanding the trading platforms and venue definitions - Interview with Saxo Capital Markets
- Best Execution under MiFID II: Clarity and Implementation - Interview with Erste Group Bank
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
PO Box 24797
Telephone: +357 22 849 308
Fax: +357 22 849 394